Thursday, January 29, 2009

Three Cups of Tea

Some of you have probably already heard my spiel about what an inspiring and moving book Three Cups of Tea is. Well, here it is again...

I got the book as a gift from Eric for my birthday in 2007, and it turned out to be one of the greatest stories I've ever read (and what makes it even better is that it is true and it continues on today).

Well, after I read it, I passed it on to Eric, who told his mom to read it. I also bought more copies and gave them out to family members for Christmas that year. Since then, I've lent it to friends. This year, I actually got another copy from some relatives (Steve and Mary Anne) who didn't know that I already had it. They were so inspired by it and wanted to share the story with others that they decided to do the same thing I did -- they bought several copies and mailed them to family members and friends. I passed that copy along to Ashlee's family (hopefully they read it and pass it on too).

Anyway, today I was checking the news online and actually noticed a roll-over ad for Three Cups of Tea. It's probably the first time I've ever clicked on one of those online ads. The cool thing is that they have now developed a young-adult version of the story and a children's version. I just thought that was really cool.

So if you're in search of the perfect gift for a reader, young or old, you should check this out.

2 comments:

...sensible of shoe said...

Good book!

Baby Hollman said...

Hi Heidi-
I'm one of Angie's friends (the one with the incredible infantino blog) and I was so happy to see you write about 3 cups of tea. If you like it you should also read Mountains Beyond Mountains. Also, after reading Angie's blog I learned that you are engaged. Congratulations! Finally, I am wondering if you could share where you get your cool blog layouts. I love this one you have currently, and thanks for the info on the hooter hider ( I actually like the product, I just thought the word "Hooter Hider" was ridiculous!).