I am in love with my new little niece. She was born this morning at 12:50 am via c-section. Stacy and Taylor had a long couple days at the hospital, but now they are just content as can be. Stacy was put on bedrest last Tuesday night due to high blood pressure. On Friday, she was admitted to the hospital because she was experiencing symptoms of preeclampsia (a condition involving her blood vessels that basically meant that she needed to deliver the baby early). So Friday night, Dad and Beth flew in from Albuquerque (that's a long story in and of itself, but I'll let my dad fill you in -- he's a better story teller than I am). Saturday morning she was induced, but things just weren't progressing how they wanted them to, and by late night, the baby was starting to be stressed and her heart rate was dropping a little. So a c-section was quickly ordered, and the little cutie came into the world in the wee morning hours.Some stats:
Finley Valentine (middle name is a family name from Taylor's side)
6 lbs 8 oz.
19 in long (I think that's right)
She has her mom's eyes and her dad's hair, big toe and ears.
Here are some pics from this morning. I'm sure I will take more later this week. Finley didn't really like getting her picture taken. Although she is a very calm baby (only making little squeaks every now and then), she kind of furrows her brow whenever the camera flash goes off. :)
![]() |
| Finley Valentine Ritchie |


No comments:
Post a Comment