Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I rode my bicycle past your window last night...

...Oh how I miss that song. I need to find the CD Stacy made me for Christmas and put that song on pronto!

Speaking of bicycling...I'm quite proud of myself for my biking feats this week. I rode my longest bike ride to date on Sunday: 60 miles in the hilly countryside of Wisconsin. We rode from Hudson to Spring Valley to River Falls and back to Hudson again. It was a gorgeous ride with lots of pretty countryside, beautiful homes and of course, lots of cows. I greeted the cows with a "hey cows!" everytime, and most times, I got a cow to look at me! Mom says I must have been getting delusional at that point, but I say, how the heck else am I supposed to keep my spirits up during a long ride? Yes, we had 11 other people along on the ride, but we all go our own pace, so I wasn't right next to anyone most of the time. I'd mostly just see the next person about half-mile ahead or behind me.

Today, I rode 55 miles with my friend Hannah from grad school. She isn't even training for the ride. She's just hard core. We rode from St. Paul starting at the Mississippi River and Summit Ave. down Summit to downtown, then connected with the Gateway Trail, which takes you all the way to Stillwater. Whew! I'm tired. Today's ride wasn't hilly like Sundays, so it only took us 4.25 hours (versus the 5.5 hour ride on Sunday). We were bookin' it! When I got home, I took a shower, took an hour-long nap, ate lunch and then came to work. Here I am working and thinking that I need to eat more before heading to my softball game tonight at 7:15.

Serious question for you:
When you work out, do you crave burgers, fries and beer during the workout or do you crave more healthy things like a sandwich?

I was definitely craving a juicy lucy from Matt's Bar while riding today. Maybe I can make that happen sometime soon.

So, I guess overall, my training for the Red Ribbon Ride is going well. I think I seriously just need to eat more when I'm doing these crazy long workouts. My fundraising is 99% of the way there, so that makes me happy too! I have 6 weeks left to train for the ride, so I think I'm in good shape.

No comments: