Busy, busy, busy. That's how I feel. Clinicals are going, well, okay. I'm surviving.
Had my first phonology group yesterday and felt like an idiot with the 3 year old. I need to make things way more fun for him because he was not so into learning /f/ with just flashcards of pictures and a mirror. However, he did like reaching into a magic box to pull out toys that start with /k/. The 5 year old loved me and everything we did, so I think he might be a little easier to plan for. I liked that I could also explain what we were doing to him and talk to him a little more like a person than the 3 year old. We'll meet again tomorrow morning, so I'm working on new session plans for them.
Some funny highlights from the group:
Preschooler #1: (grabs Preschooler #2's teddy bear)
Preschooler #2: (grabs it back and gives a mean look)
Grad student clinician: Maybe he'll let you play with his teddy bear if you ask him nicely.
Preschooler #1: (with mouth full of teddy grahams) Can I play with your bear?
Preschooler #2: (with attitude) He asked with his mouth full.
Grad student clinician: After you finish your teddy grahams, maybe you can ask him again.
Preschooler #1: (swallows) Can I play with your teddy bear?
Preschooler #2: (hands it over nicely...surprisingly)
If anything, these kids will make me laugh. :)
Friday, I start an Aphasia group (it's a group for adults who've had a stroke and I think we do conversation-type activities). I'll learn more Friday.
Next Tuesday, I will meet with my newest client, a 10 year old with Autism who I hear is super cute and fun. Need to make my session plan for that one this week too.
ELC Field Day 2015
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment