Thursday, June 19, 2008

First session out of the way!

I met with my first client this morning, and it went pretty well. She is very cute and polite, and we had a great time. She's 12, so I was trying to think of things to do that wouldn't be too juvenile for her, so one of the activities we did was Mad Libs (remember those?). She had to think of words to fill in that included her two sounds she's working on, and then she got to read the stories afterward. I might have been more amused than she was at times (I tried to control my laughter, but I just love those things, and they were pretty funny!).

Anyway, I survived, and my supervisor said I did great. So I feel good that I got that out of the way. Now I just need to write up two more session plans for two little ones I'll start seeing next Monday. I have to have those turned in by end of day today....yikes! Those kiddos are 3 and 5, so it will be totally different -- a lot more play and games while trying to trick them into saying their sounds. :) So far, I'm thinking of doing some puzzles and building with legos while also working on their sounds. I feel like little boys that age would like that, right? We'll find out soon, I guess.

Okay, back to work and then need to write up those session plans! This has been such a busy week. The stress is causing my face to break out a bit (darn it!). But I did get an email from Eric saying that he is making lasagna for dinner tonight. How lovely that will be to go home and not have to make dinner! Thank you, Eric!

PS The moving went well, and we are still working on unpacking boxes, etc. We're getting a table soon! Once we have things more set up, I'll get some pictures up here.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Congratulations Heidi! You're going to do great!

Laura Mc. said...

hey lady...just a thought...don't 3 year olds put little things like legos into their mouths? 'cause i teach 10 year olds and they still do that kind of stuff.

also, if you'd like, i can get some stuff for you to work on with the 12 year old. i think i might have some ideas that would translate from the classroom, if you want them. :)