Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote!

I voted this morning!

Eric and I got up early and arrived at the local park and rec to cast our vote at about 7:10 am (they opened at 7). It took about an hour total to go through the line to check in, the other line to get a ballot, the final line that actually led to the little voting stalls and then to cast my vote.

Here in Minnesota, we use a black marker to fill in the circle next to the candidate of your choice. Then you slide it into a scanner machine (kinda like the old days in high school when you filled out scantron test form). What do they use in your state?

Anyway, I feel good about my choices, and I'm excited to see what the results will be. As a fellow blogger wrote, I wonder if we'll get to find out the results tonight or if it'll be days before we know. I hope it's not super close and there are no scandals like last time.

One of the things I love about election day: getting the "I voted" sticker and then seeing who else has them on throughout the day. I found myself smiling at people on the bus and in the halls here at work when I saw that they also got up early to vote this morning.

2 comments:

Laura Mc. said...

Yay, voting! I got my sticker this afternoon (damn polls didn't open until after I had to be at school) and here in Boston, Starbuck's gives you free coffee and Ben & Jerry's gives you free ice cream if you come in with it on.

We also use the scantron-esque voting method. I like it. That dark mark feels so substantial. Must be the teacher in me...wait...I hate standardized tests...ack!

Have a good evening love!

...sensible of shoe said...

I am Fell O. Blogger!