Ashlee told me that at the appointment on Tuesday, the doctors told them that they are pretty sure that it is soft tissue sarcoma. So yesterday, Todd had a PET scan, which will help them determine if it has spread, and then today he has a biopsy, which will tell them if it is in fact cancer. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers! I know they appreciate it.
A cute, funny side story:
Ashlee's sister Aubin lives in China and has a baby Lumie (who is about 1 year old). So last night, Aubin and Lumie flew in from China and Ashlee picked them up from the airport -- and their parents had no idea that Aubin was coming home at all. Their parents were just expecting to visit with Ashlee and to chat with Aubin via Skype (a system that lets you chat on the phone while also having web cams to see each other). So after leaving the airport, the girls and Lumie drove to their parents house, where they tied a bunch of balloons to Lumie, set him on the doorstep and then rang the doorbell. So Todd and Pam opened the door to see their grandchild from China on their front steps! I haven't heard yet how the surprise actually went, but that was the plan. I'll see Ash, Aubin, Lumie and Pam later today in the waiting room at the hospital -- it's right next door to where I work. So I'm excited to hear how surprised they were (and also how Lumie liked having balloons tied to him).
ELC Field Day 2015
11 years ago

1 comment:
Just a little update: The surprise did not involve balloons and leaving Lumie on the front doorstep. However, they did still surprise the parents by showing up, so that was fun to hear. Also, bad news is that the biopsy revealed that it is cancer. But the good news is that it hasn't spread past his arm. Todd will have four months of chemo and then surgery and then radiation. So keeping them in your prayers and thoughts would still be appreciated, I'm sure!
Post a Comment