Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who knew?

This little article should be printed and stuck to your refrigerator! What a handy dandy little list! Browse through it to learn when to throw out foods, condiments, household cleaners, etc.

The most important thing I learned: drink that bottle of wine I've been saving for a special occasion!
My dad and Beth gave me a bottle of wine almost 3 years ago for Christmas, and Dad said "save this for a special occasion." Well, I've been saving it and saving it cause I didn't want to drink it for just any ol' reason. The last time he came to visit, he saw it in my wine rack and laughed saying "you haven't opened that yet?!" When I said, "you said to save it for a special occasion," he said "it wasn't THAT expensive -- go ahead and drink it before it goes bad!" Well, I took his initial comment seriously, so I've been saving it. This article says that wine unopened should last for three years, so that means I have just a couple months left before I need to consume this thing. Maybe my birthday next week can be the special occasion. :) I'll keep you posted on whether or not it is still good.

No comments: