Monday, July 14, 2008

Red Ribbon Ride countdown: 3 days

I have three days until I start the Red Ribbon Ride, a 4-day, 300-mile biking journey (to raise funds and awareness for HIV and AIDS) from the Twin Cities through Southern Minnesota and back again.

The route is as follows:

Day 1: Start at Mall of America and ride to Lake City
Day 2: Start at Lake City and ride to Rochester
Day 3: Start at Rochester and ride to Northfield
Day 4: Start at Northfield and ride to St. Paul, with closing ceremonies at the Capitol (on the front lawn, I think)

See the map below for a rough idea of where I'll be biking. I'm not sure of the exact routes, but I do know that on Thursday, we'll be biking about 80 miles (which will be the longest I've ever ridden in one day). And then I think the length of the rides tapers off, ending with a shorter day of 40-50 miles on Sunday.

I'm getting excited about it and did my last training ride yesterday. About 12 others from Team Wells Fargo and I did 50 miles in a lot of wind. I'm really hoping for not as much wind during the actual ride, cause that was tough. So pray for good weather, no potholes, the wind at our backs, not a whole lot of roadkill and no flat tires! Thanks!

One more thing: Thank you so much to all who donated to my fund. I raised more than my intended goal of $1,500, so thank you! Team Wells Fargo raised about $38,000 so far, and I think the total amount from all teams so far totals almost $400,000. Awesome. I'm sure many people will be very grateful for all your support!


View Larger Map

4 comments:

Kate said...

Go, Heidi, Go! You'll do great - and have an awesome time!

Katy said...

Go speed racer, Go! I'm so proud of you!

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

yeah, so excited for you love :)

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

yeah heidi, you are sooo awesome :)