Thursday, July 03, 2008

Super long run

I have been so busy and have a million things I want to write about, but I don't have a lot of time today during the day. So just fyi, I will try to post pics of the house, write about my clinical practicum, update you on the family of bunnies that lives in our yard (and Indy's attempts to catch them) later tonight.

Right now, I just wanted to post this link and tell you to check it out. My boss at the Center for Spirituality & Healing has a daughter who is 17 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about a year ago. Well, she's a runner in high school and just decided that she wanted to try to run to Canada this summer...just for fun. Then, she thought about it some more and decided she could turn it into a fundraiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation (Katy, you work there, right?). So that's what she's doing. She's leaving today and starting her 300-mile run to Canada from Minneapolis (leaving from her front door) and ending up near International Falls just across the border in Canada. Her mom created a blog (with the same cute format as mine), and they're planning to update it to keep people informed of how the run is going, post pics, etc. She'll have at least one parent with her following her every day, and I think her boyfriend and maybe some others will join her on different days. I just thought that was amazing. She's raised like $2,500 already! That's just pretty cool for a 17-year old. So check out her blog: http://megansruntocanada.blogspot.com/. It should definitely be interesting to see how she does. Hopefully she stays healthy along the way!

Have a good day. Hope to catch up with you all soon!

1 comment:

Katy said...

That's so amazing! It's great to hear kids with diabetes doing something so brave and for a cure. thanks for sharing Heidi!