Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring break

That's right, I am on spring break for the first time in 5 years. It's lovely so far. This weekend, I slept in, didn't study at all, hung out with Ang & Pat, Ashlee, Eric, the cousins, Mom, Aunt Katie. I even went for a little jog/walk with Katie yesterday around Lake Nokomis. She and Rae got a dog -- a 2 year old poodle/cocker(?) mix named Kramer. He made Indy look ginormous.

I'm doing better now that it's been a week since the car incident. I don't like driving under that same bridge, but it's the quickest way to St. Paul from my house, so I've done it now about 10 times since last week.

My midterms last week went well, I think. They were in Stats and Hearing Measurement & Disorders. I really never knew it, but the ear can look mighty gross when there are different disorders going on. Top thing no one in my class wants to ever get: cholesteatoma. Look it up. It's nasty, and it can recur, and there's no good treatment.

I've been spending a lot of time lately joining Eric on his search for a house. Let me just tell you that although everyone says it's a perfect time to buy and it's a buyer's market, it is really hard to find a good house! He had a major heartbreak last Friday when he put an offer on an awesome house with all the cute built-ins (buffet, bookshelves), hardwood floors, etc., and then later that night he found out that someone else's offer got approved just hours earlier. It's crazy. Apparently there are people looking for exactly what he's looking for and they're on the prowl just steps ahead of him! Bah! So think good thoughts, say a prayer, send some positive energy his way. It'd be so awesome if more houses were put on the market soon.

Well, happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. I'll be celebrating my non-Irish heritage by working, taking Indy to the vet and then going to watch Eric kick some butt at his soccer game and then join his team for a beer after the game. I am wearing my green Notre Dame t-shirt with the little leprechaun on it. I'm festive.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck to Eric on his house hunt! And you've convinced me to go and see my ENT again regarding my sinuses and some weired pressure in my ears. Thanks for the heads up. =)

Love ya, Heids!