Here is what my car now looks like. This is from when you threw a large rock of some sort down from the bridge that goes over Hennepin Ave. in NE Minneapolis. I was driving home from my mom's house with my dog in the back seat and couldn't figure out if I had been shot at or if something had hit my car. When I heard the initial blast of the shattering glass, I ducked by instinct (or maybe because I just watched the movie "Shooter"). So if your goal was just to scare some people, job well done. You not only scared the crap out of me, but also woke up my poor dog in the back seat, who was covered in glass shards and very confused. I immediately looked at the car next to me and the car behind me to see if there was any way that they were possibly shooting at my car. At the same time, I got my phone out and called 9-1-1. Once I was home and ruled out the whole shooting option, the dispatcher sent a policeman out to help me. Last I heard, someone else had called in after me to report a similar incident, and the cops were apparently trying to chase you down. I'm really hoping they caught you. I'm not sure if you will learn your lesson and never do this again, but I really hope you do. For now, I would consider yourself lucky that you didn't seriously injure or kill someone. If your
timing had been a couple seconds different, that rock could have gone through my front windshield. And thank your lucky stars that the rock just hit and bounced off my car instead of falling through the glass and hitting my dog. And....thankfully, there were no other passengers in my car besides my dog, especially in the back seat. At this point, I'm pretty angry that someone could be so stupid and just totally ignorant of what could have seriously happened. I'm also thankful that at least my car insurance will cover the cost of this window replacement and that my dog and I are both uninjured.Here's hoping you get caught and never do this sort of thing again. And here's to hoping that more people actually consider the consequences of their actions.
Sincerely,
An angry driver who hopes your punishment consists of community service helping people who have been disfigured or incapacitated due to stupid actions like yours

4 comments:
This is the first time I've read your blog, but that's really F'ed up. I'm sorry your blog and I didn't meet under better circumstances. I'm glad you and your pup are okay. Good grief.
Thanks, Nathan! I'm glad you decided to stop in for a little read. Indy and I are both doing well now -- and everything's fixed. It's still a little unsettling, though, to think that some stupid kid could really do some bad things to negatively impact your life and you have very little control of that. Anyway, thanks!
I gave thanks last night, after we spoke. You never know what curves are going to come your way. We are sure glad you and Indy are OK.
Lovya,
Dad
Coda and I are sending hugs and happy you and Indy are alright! Stupid people doing even more stupid things piss me off. I'm sorry you had to deal with their stupidity. I don't think we could emphasize how stupid they are, even with all the "stupid" repetition.
Take care, and Love ya Heids!!!
Post a Comment