Yesterday, I had the best day ever. I had a really busy day at work with two off-site meetings and just enough time to scarf down a Subway sandwich before heading off to the second meeting. While eating my sub, I decided to check my yahoo e-mail...and in the inbox, I saw a message from the University of Minnesota's Speech-Language-Hearing-Sciences graduate program. I wasn't expecting to hear anything about grad school acceptances or rejections until later in March or early April, so I was sitting there thinking "open it now or wait til later...?" So then I clicked on the message and scanned it quickly for any sign of good news.....and YES! There it was! I have been accepted at the U of M! I was so excited that I seriously started shaking and felt like screaming (a la Olive in Little Miss Sunshine when she finds out that she made it into the pageant). :)
But alas, I was at work and had to keep my mouth shut. It was so hard! Anyway, the U of M is my top choice and the first school out of five to give me an answer about my application. I'll be interested in hearing what the other schools have to say, but at this point I'm just soooooooo excited that I got in here in Minnesota. :) Stay tuned for more info....

2 comments:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!! As if there were any doubts in your mind you'd get in.
Congrats, Heids!
congratulations Heidi! How exciting! of course they want you. who doesn't???!!! Let me know and i'll be them up.
Post a Comment