Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Kick Ball...coming soon to a park near you

Angie, Karin and I are starting a kick ball team. That's right, kick ball. That game you played in the neighborhood with whoever was around during the summer time (when I was little, I was the youngest in our neighborhood, so my "outs" never counted). Or at recess, you and another kid got to be the captains and pick your teams, ultimately leaving one or two kids feeling like they sucked cause they were picked last. The good thing is, everyone is recruited at once. No one's a loser. It's all in good fun! So far, Stacy and Taylor seem to be sure things. Taylor said he's confident in Stacy's kick ball abilities. She'll probably be our ace. Aunt Katie said she'd be an alternate. Another friend at work is a "maybe"... Looks like we're shaping up to be a strong team. If you live in the Twin Cities metro and want to join our team, let me know by March 29! Or if you live out of town and want to visit and sub in for a game, I'll be sure to squeeze you in. Stay tuned for more details about our team name, t-shirts and of course, our stats when the season starts.

3 comments:

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

wow, i love that stacy and taylor want to play. i might look into stacy's skills though before she hits the field. it is a known fact that she has a hard time running (dangit i wish i could post the picture of her bright red face yards behind everyone else). but stacy-i love you, you're much more talented in other things like....crossword puzzles, and watching the history channel, and reading, etc. But i guess since kick ball doesn't require a lot of running you may do okay. and taylor-your confidence in her shows what a great husband you are.

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

and p.s. when the heck is stacy going to get a blog. shes posts enough as it is. she's just using us to communicate.

Krystin Washington said...

Ha! This made me think of the games we used to play on the playground.

We used to do the girly games where you were going to the fair with a flower in your hair...one day we decided to dismantle the group (read: I decided) but I didn't tell this girl Whitney. So she felt left out and told on me. The teacher pulled me aside and told me how wrong it was to exclude people. That was precisely why we (read: I) broke up the group!

Ah, long live the politics of playground games whether you are ten or twenty! Good luck with the kickball!