Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I got a hit!

That's right...give it up for me finally getting a base hit on my softball team. See, during our first game last week, I kept "striking out" by hitting the ball foul twice. It's a slow-pitch league with a 2-strike rule and a 3-ball walk rule. Weird. I hate that.

Anyway....so I was up a few times earlier in the game and kept making contact, but getting thrown out at first. So it's the bottom of the last inning, two outs, runners on first and second, Heidi is up to bat. No pressure! Here's the pitch.....I connect with the ball and hit it hard between third and shortstop and make it to first.....oh wait, there's some bobbling going on and they throw the ball home, so I make a fast break for second. SAFE! Then Kyle went up to bat and got another hit, bringing in Emily and me for a win! Our first win of the season! Yea!!!

It's fun playing softball again -- I find myself remembering my old habits of being really chatty in the outfield (not sure if my teammates find that annoying or good) and just really getting into the game. I love it! It kind of makes me want to play in a more competitive league again, but really, who am I kidding? Could I ever hit a fast pitch again? Do I get tired just running to first base? Ummm....yeah, I thought so.

Tomorrow night is the first kickball game! Ang and I will be showing up late after choir practice, but we will be there to cheer on the team eventually. Go Grateful Red! I'll take some team pics of both softball and kickball and share them with the blogosphere soon!

No comments: