I'm not sure why I get such a kick out of the weather. I mean, I grew up here. But man, it's cold. This morning as I took the dog out, my mittens didn't do much for my fingers -- they were still freezing as the wind penetrated the two layers of fleece cloth. I usually don't check the weather until I get to work and go to read the paper online. If I found out what the actual temperature was, I'm not sure I'd ever leave the house -- especially to go stand at the bus stop. This morning, I laughed outloud as I read "Temp: 1 degree, feels like -18." Currently, at 1 p.m., the temp has crept up to a whole 10 degrees (feels like -2).
Despite the freezing (actually, way past freezing) weather, I'm still loving living in Minneapolis. Hope you're all keeping warm!
PS I had part of my final in my American Sign Language class last night and rocked it out, thank you very much. I had to tell a 3-5 minute story in sign to the whole class. I told the story of Blue Blocker Lady at the dog park. It was a hit.
ELC Field Day 2015
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment