
This year's Thanksgiving was a little different than years past -- just a little more chill with a smaller group of people. Although I'm usually the one who tries to fit in as much as possible and see as many people as possible for each holiday, it was kind of a nice change to just relax at one place. So...in the morning, I ran the Turkey Day 5K with my aunt Katie and some of her friends. Then we went over to her friend's place for some wonderful brunch and mimosas. I had all these visions of me being productive in the morning getting some work done on grad school apps, and then the mimosas happened...so I just went home and took a nap instead. :) Then I went to pick up my brother and have a non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house -- we had prime rib, twice-baked potatoes, an awesome broccoli salad, bread with oil dipping sauce, asparagus and then the traditional pumpkin pie. Yum! What a nice change from turkey and stuffing! I'd suggest trying it sometime if you're open to change. :)
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got to enjoy a day off work. Me? I'm back at it in the office again today, but it's nice and quiet (and I'm taking some time out to write in here...) so it's not too bad.
Enjoy your weekend!
PS Thanks Rob for the Big Bird pic!

No comments:
Post a Comment