I can't wait.
Yet....there are a million and one things to do before then.
I have been so busy lately and so tired, but the thing is that I am really enjoying most of the things that are taking up my time. I really like working at the skilled nursing facility -- the old folks are great. It's sad sometimes (especially the other day when one of my former patients passed away...), but it is also great to see their successes and help improve their quality of life. Other than that, I've been studying for comps (coming up April 9) with a friend twice a week, and that hasn't been too bad. There's just a lot to know, but it's been nice to talk everything out with another person rather than just study by myself. And then there's work and two classes (both of which are about assessing and treating people who are bilingual -- super interesting and relevant here in MN, where we have really high numbers of immigrants and refugees!).
So, yeah....life has been busy lately, and I am feeling like I'm ready to graduate and be an SLP! I am leaning toward working in a school setting, so keep your fingers crossed that I get called for an interview soon!
So, let's do some highs and lows for the past couple weeks, shall we?
Highs:
- Getting called for my first interview at a pediatric clinic
- Feeling like I am getting a handle on how to treat adults with swallowing, voice and cognitive disorders, along with Dementia
- Buying our rowing machine (I need to get on that thing more frequently!)
- Seeing the sun for the past week and actually noticing that the snow is melting (so I can no see over the snowbanks at the end of our driveway when I'm backing out)
- Visiting with Miss Finn last weekend for a bit. She walked over to my chair and held her arms up, like "pick me up!" She's a doll. And I love that after taking a drink, she goes "ahhhh."
- Finding out that a patient died on Thursday morning. So sad...
- Having wayyyy too much to do for school before Spring Break and wondering how I'm ever going to finish it all.
- Being sick last week with a stomach flu and not getting to go up north on a snowshoe/cabin adventure.
- Having to get Indy some anti-seizure meds. We're starting them today.

No comments:
Post a Comment