Friday, November 06, 2009

Highs and lows

This has been a busy week! Here are my highs and lows:

Highs:
  • Giving my presentation in class on Thursday - felt so good to get that over with, and the prof said I did a great job!
  • Baby-sitting Finley last night and watching her play the maracas (video to be posted later)
  • Turning in my two patient reports, which brings my practicum to a close
  • Meeting an old co-worker (Deborah) for lunch on Monday and catching up with her
  • Going out for Halloween last weekend as Carmen Sandiego with Eric as Waldo - we were a hit (pictures to be posted later).
Lows:
  • Working all day Wednesday and half day Thursday on school and practicum assignments - being holed up in the basement and staring at a computer screen and lots of papers was no fun
  • Driving to campus Thursday to give my presentation and realizing as I got to my exit for campus that I forgot my jump drive with my presentation on it at home. Had to drive back for it and get to class 20 mins late. Luckily, my professor is super nice - no big deal, just stressful at the time!
  • Getting puked on by Finley and then watching her puke on her mom about 30 minutes later. Poor gal! Turns out she has an ear infection. :(
What were your highs and lows of the week?

*Little-known fact: In my friend Emily's family, it is a tradition to share your highs and lows of the year every New Year's Eve. True story. I even got to participate with the whole fam when I visited them in college. Her brother would come up with one high/low for each month. :) I think it's a great thing to ponder year-round.

No comments: