Tomorrow, I'll get up and drive to Brooklyn Park to do some hearing screenings (you know, raise your hand when you hear the beeps), and then I'll drive close to campus to hop on a bus to get to class on time to take the neuro test. Then I'll go home and greet Alyse and Jeff, the first visitors to arrive for the weekend of baby shower fun! We will use Eric's Sam's Club membership to go to Sam's and order the shower cake and then I need to get some food to make for dinner and also just to stock the cupboards for our lovely house guests. Then dinner at our house with Stacy and Taylor, and then at about 10 pm, Dad and Beth arrive.
Friday, I will get up and try not to disturb the house guests while I get ready to leave for campus again. I have a clinic meeting at 9, class from 10-1 and then clinic clients from 1:30-3:30. The kiddos in clinic should be looking forward to such fun activities as: Making your own superhero to work on /s/! and Digging in the rice bin to find exciting toys to talk about using our good /l/ sound! There's only one more week of clinic left after this, and I'm sure they'll be so sad and miss me so much.... Well, two of them might. But one won't -- he hates speech and actually may or may not have pooped his pants last week during our session... Anyway, Friday afternoon, Kate arrives and we get to go pick up the cake and flowers and just hang out with the fam a bit.
Saturday morning, I am leading preschool group in the morning with a music theme. I'm super excited about it. I'm bringing in a guitar, drum, cowbell (!), triangle, xylophone and maracas. We're doing some pattern repeating, listening to different music genres, reading a really cool book called "Punk Farm" and then making kazoos out of toilet paper rolls, wax paper and rubber bands. After that fun, I'm heading home to get ready for Stacy's baby shower. Should be a crazy busy day but really fun! I'm really looking forward to that afternoon. After that, we're doing a faux-Thanksgiving dinner at Stacy and Taylor's.Sunday and Monday will be days of rest hanging with the fam. I plan on sleeping in then.

No comments:
Post a Comment