I came across this blog today and had to share with you.
After last Christmas, a family decided that they were not going to buy Christmas presents next year; they were going to make presents and then use the money they would have spent to donate to a charity. Well, the husband's idea turned into a blog called The Mother Letters. On the blog, he asks mothers to send letters with advice, words of encouragement, stories, etc. Then he is going to compile all of the letters into a book and give it to his wife for Christmas. That is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful present ideas I've ever heard. It sound like it would end up being kind of Chicken Soup for the Soul, but less edited.
Anyway, if you are a mother and feel so inclined to share a story for this man's project, feel free! And maybe let me know what you write!
We need more stories like this around the holidays (and other times of the year too, for that matter).
Now I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)
ELC Field Day 2015
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment