Friday, August 29, 2008

Early start to a long weekend

I'm leaving work early to go to the Great Minnesota Get-together. Hollerrrrrrr!!!! (That's for Miss Eley.)

No one is here. I am listening to the fan blowing extremely cold air on me, which makes my precious little fingers cold, which in turn makes it a challenge to use my mouse and type on my keyboard. Thus, I must leave and escape this quiet, cold hallway that houses my little desk and half-cube that is my office (with no windows, mind you!).

So yeah.....I'm gonna have to go home early....I'll have to make up my hours next week....yeah....

Things I like to do at the fair:
- people watch
- eat
- walk through the International Bazaar
- walk through the fine arts building
- see the baby animals in the Miracle of Birth Center (or whatever it's called)
- see free music (like we're doing tonight!)

Have a good weekend! My goal this weekend is to post pics from the boundary waters. I also hope to provide any stories that I might obtain from my friend Ashlee, who works for a county jail that will probably become home to many a protester this coming week for the Republican National Convention. I told her to send me funny stories via text or email, but I have a feeling she might be busy, you know...working...booking people, etc.

If you're interested in reading about what some of these protesters do, click here: http://www.protestrnc2008.org/. It's interesting. I had absolutely no idea that there was such a thing as a "professional protester" or actual organized groups like this. I will keep you posted on any shenanigans that might take place in my city during the next week.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments: