Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Random ramblings during a slow week

It's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and things have slowed down a lot -- so much so that I almost fell asleep in anatomy class today. Wait...I come close to that quite a bit unless I have my trusty cherry coke zero to give me my much needed caffeine. Anyway, I have welcomed this slow week by spending time reading for pleasure instead of studying. I'm reading "Three Cups of Tea," which is about an American mountain climber who almost died attempting to summit K2 (large mountain in Pakistan) and ended up being nursed back to health in a tiny little village in Pakistan. The book is about all of this, and also details his mission to build a school for this village (and then many more). I'm a little over half way done, and it is an amazing story so far. I would definitely recommend it.

Today, my boss took me out to lunch at the Loring Pasta Bar in dinkytown -- it's this great brick building that has high vaulted ceilings and lots of trees and funky lighting. It used to be an old corner store or something like that back in the day. I love old places like that. I'll have to go there sometime at night....and have some wine instead of water....maybe with a cute boy instead of my boss. :) I thought it was really nice of her to do that. We were celebrating the fact that I just finished some pretty big projects, so she also paid the bill with the company card. Love it.

Well, I'm getting ready to head home on the bus and then take Indy down to Lake Nokomis to go for a run with Aunt Katie. I haven't run in a few weeks, and I'm supposed to do the Turkey Day 5K Thursday morning, so a jog in the chilly weather should be good practice. Oh how I miss being so close to that lake to run. I now live in NE Mpls instead of South Mpls, so I'm not close to the lakes anymore. But I do have the river and other cool places to run, etc. I just actually need to get my butt out there more often to do it.

Well, happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a goodnight! I'll be running the 5K in the morning, eating brunch at a friend's house afterward, then eating dinner at Mom's house around 1, then popping over to Aunt Jan's and Uncle Jim's for more snacks, drinks, visiting and potentially some games. Sounds good to me!

1 comment:

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

heidi....jeff and i did the turkey trot too! we thought it was a 5k, but it was acutally a 5 mile race!! it was fun though and we felt great at the finish line!!! yeah for running again...sort ot :) missed you this turkey day :(