Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Graduate Assistant

That will be my new title as of July 30. That's right....I got the offer! For working in the Center for Spirituality & Healing at the University of Minnesota 20 hours per week, I will get all of my tuition waived. You really can't beat that. I turned in my resignation at Fairview on Monday afternoon and finally have all the "employee termination" details worked out. I'll be working full time at Fairview through July 27. Then, from July 30 - August 17, I will be working part time at the U and also part time at Fairview. And then, from August 20 - Sept. 3, I will just have one part time job at the U. And then finally on Sept. 4, I will be a full time grad student with one part time job. Whew! Can you keep that straight? Oh yeah, and I'll probably have a little freelance work to do on the side. The best news of all is that I am pretty darn sure that I won't have to take out any student loans. That makes me happiest of all. :)

2 comments:

Katy said...

congratulations Heidi! This is such wonderful news. They are lucky to have you!

Heidi said...

Thanks, Katy! PS I need to talk to you about triathlon training. I'm training for a sprint tri that takes place on Sept. 1! 1/3 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 4 mile run. Any tips are welcome -- it's been 4 years since I've done one.