Saturday, April 21, 2007

Church milestones

Stacy called me the other day, and I just had to share this conversation about our 8-year-old cousin Louis.

STACY: Hey, are you going to Louis' confirmation on Saturday?

HEIDI: Don't you mean his first communion? He's only 8 -- confirmation is when you're in like eighth grade.

STACY (to Taylor who is in the car with her): Ugh...I told you it was his first communion, not confirmation! (to Heidi) We just bought him a confirmation card at Hallmark.

HEIDI: You could just cross off "confirmation" and write in "first communion." (laughter)

I wonder what they decided to do... We'll find out later today. I have yet to buy a card. I'm just planning on doing that on my way there. That's a little something I learned from my dad, who would always stop at a Walgreen's in between weddings and receptions. Then we'd just sign the card in the car right before going into the reception. So is it bad that I'm operating like a bachelor? At least I know what type of card to get for the occasion. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All those non-catholics out there can relate to my "misunderstanding". We exchanged the card for the correct event.

And all you fellow agnostics can relate to the following:

-Do you think they have any non-religious cards for confirmation?
-Yeah, something that isn't so much about God?
-Doubt it.

Indeed - no luck on that front.