Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy anniversary!

One year really flew by fast! Happy anniversary to my husband, Eric!

To celebrate, we had a garage sale this weekend. :) Well....not really. We did have a sale (which was great - sold tons of stuff and made some cash too), but we also celebrated by going to Rock Bottom for drinks and apps and then going to see Wicked at the Orpheum. I have wanted to see that show for years, so I was really excited to go, and Eric had never seen a Broadway show before. I really liked it, although it was very different than the book (at least the second act was). I think Eric liked it too (for a musical, anyway). He said the songs are too catchy, though, so don't be surprised if you walk past our house and hear him humming show tunes now.

For another fun anniversary date, we are heading to the Twin's game tonight with Ang and Pat. I'm excited to see Target Field - it'll be our first game there!

Want to see what I put together for a gift to Eric (and for me too, I suppose)?

Well.....here's a picture:

















 So, I saw some artwork like this at The Afternoon (a cute shop in the MOA) -- only they spelled out words like "create" and "inspire," etc. So I thought, "I can do that myself for way less than $75." So I did. And it's better. You know why? Cause each letter was taken from a place that has some significance to Eric and me. Here are the letter sources:
S = St. Clair Broiler - a malt shop 2 blocks from our house
T = Scott's Liquor Store - also about 2 blocks from our house and we know the worker by name (it's not Scott, it's Eric)
O = Carmelo's - Italian restaurant that I love! I may or may not have had a tad bit of wine on my bday a couple years ago and filled out a comment card stating that "that was the best meal I've ever had!"
N = floor at the Conservatory, where we went to dinner the night we got engaged
E = RF Moeller jewelers - where we got our rings

Want to see the price breakdown? C'mon...you know I love a good deal.

Okay, here you go:
Time spent taking pictures - about 2 hours
Developing the pictures - $1.35
Frame - $0 cause I already owned it and it was sitting in our guest room unused for 2 years
Total cost - $1.35

I love you THAT much, Eric! That much that I save money on gifts and then we make some moola at our garage sale so we can go do fun things together, like fly to New Mexico to visit my dad this fall.

No comments: