Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend get-away

This weekend, Eric, Indy and I took a trip up to Grand Marais. It was partially a work trip for Eric (Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply is under construction and inventory is being ordered, and the store is hopefully opening in about a month) and partially just a nice mini-vacation for us to escape from the city and our school work and just relax and spend some time outdoors. (Apparently, I like run-on sentences.)

Friday was more focused on work stuff, but Saturday we got a chance to head out to Judge Magney State Park for a nice hike with Indy.














I just love it up there - the cliffs and waterfalls and trees and just the sounds and smells of the outdoors. I love it. I told Eric that this weekend felt like a preview into our life after grad school. I just cannot wait to be done with school and have more time for us to just take trips and have free time.

See all of our pics here.

Some unpictured memories of the weekend also include: the purchase of camping hats (pictures to follow in the future - stay tuned!), pizza at Sven & Ole's, BBQ at the Stones' house, touring the store under construction and lots of time throwing the tennis ball for all three dogs.

I can't wait for school to be done. You will find me outdoors. In the yard. Up north. Camping. Hiking. Gardening. Just sitting in the sun. Can't wait.

I am so thankful for this weekend get-away. Hopefully it was enough to re-charge my batteries and give me strength and energy to finish this semester.

No comments: