Today, we grabbed a quick breakfast at Columbus Cafe (a small walk-up cafe down the street from the Pantheon and our hotel). We had muffins and coffee (Eric) and OJ (me) - tres francaise, I know. Then, we tried to find watches at Monoprix (the Target of France), but they apparently don't carry them.
Side note/tangent about watches: See, Eric and I both have watches, but we don't wear them because the batteries are dead and because they were gifts from old relationships. So when I mentioned that when I studied in France I bought a cute lil watch from Monoprix, Eric got really excited and proclaimed that we should buy new watches together at Monoprix! Sadly, this didn't happen...We'll keep searching.
Anyway, Monoprix did carry kleenex, and we bought that, which is good because our noses have been stuffy since we got here.
Our legs were sore after that, but we continued to walk around the area for a bit and then grabbed lunch at a local sandwich shop/bar. Sandwiches were not so good, but the beer was delightful. :)
On part of our walk, we saw this cute white Newfoundland (which reminded us of Indy's boyfriend Tonka back home) walking off-leash. I tried to get a picture of him taking a swim in a fountain, but he jumped out too fast. His owner was a cute elderly French man who had a special whistle that he used to get the dog to come back to him. It was cute and made us miss Indy.
So we walked along the Champs Elysee for a bit and then went to a little cafe/brasserie near our hotel for a little cheese plate and wine. The stinky cheese just is not for me (Eric either). But I do love me some Camembert and Brie.

No comments:
Post a Comment