- Got my haircut by Karin. It is super cute and super short -- shortest it's been in five years or so. It's at my chin in an inverted bob -- so longer in front and shorter and layered in back. I'm very excited that I didn't shower today and my hair still looks great. I'll post a pic once I get one.
- Have choir four nights in a row this week. Crazy! We had rehearsal last night for 2.5 hours, dress rehearsal tonight for 3 hours, and then performances tomorrow night and Saturday night. This weekend is our Divas and Desserts concert again (with shows on Friday and Saturday). Hopefully those few words that I have yet to learn will make their way into my head at some point before tomorrow's performance. We're singing 18 songs...memorized....that's a lot of songs.
- Wrote a paper that's due tomorrow.
- Took a quiz yesterday.
- Went on a 22-mile bike ride last Sunday. It felt great! I've been biking to campus whenever it hasn't been raining, so I'm really trying to get into some kind of training routine for the Red Ribbon Ride. P.S. Padded bike shorts are the best invention ever.
- Had dinner at Mom's on Sunday night with Eric, Rob and Justine (his gf). We had a nice little dinner with not a lot of drama, which is good for our fam when we're all together. :) The BBQ and corn on the cob rocked.
- Oooohhh....additional summer job has been found! My grad program matches us up with mentors when we enter the program, and my grad mentor (Carrie) is graduating this year. For the past semester, she's been working with a family who adopted four kids from Korea all age 4 and under. Two of the four kids need speech/language help, and Carrie has been going to their home and being a sort of nanny/speech pathologist all semester. Well, this summer Carrie can only do three days a week, so she referred me to the mom as someone who could potentially fill in on those other two afternoons a week. How cool is that? So I am going to go shadow Carrie to see what she does with the kids, and then as long as the family likes me, then I will be doing that two afternoons each week. I'm excited because a) I love kids and b) it's a combo deal -- I get to play with kids and be a kind of babysitter and I also get to earn some money and I get to gain experience in my field of speech pathology. So cool! I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.
- I just found out this week that I will be doing my first clinical practicum this summer at the Julia M. Davis Speech-Language-Hearing Center (the clinic in Shevlin Hall at the U of M where I have class, etc.). I'll find out more details next week on my caseload, etc. But that's exciting -- I get to start seeing clients this summer! Maybe even in a few weeks. I'm really hoping they train us well and don't just throw me in there with clients not knowing what to do! I'm sure they'll do some training, but I'm just saying....all of my other jobs have never involved really providing these kinds of services to people.
ELC Field Day 2015
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment