I was highly entertained this morning when I checked my email. As you probably know, I spent about three years working in health care communications (two of which were spent at Clarian in Indianapolis -- the better two years for sure due to my awesome co-workers). So this morning, I was excited to see an email from my former co-worker and cube-mate (name changed below to protect him -- you know who you are!). :) However, I was confused upon reading the actual message... He now works for Clarian's cancer center and is apparently coordinating a brochure for the center. Apparently, when he typed "Heidi" into his email "to" box, he didn't check to see if it was going to right Heidi. This is what I received:
Hi, Sam* and Heidi.
I want to give you a heads-up that our development office is working on a brochure, and they would very much like to use the photos that were taken of each of you from the photo sessions earlier this year. I believe the release form that you signed gives us permission to use these in a variety of ways, but, if for some reason, you’d rather not be a part of the brochure, please let me know.
The brochure is about the “In Your Lifetime” campaign – the campaign which is supporting the new inpatient and outpatient facility that is currently under construction, new labs, and cancer research. The brochure will be mailed to prospective donors and be made available in the cancer center.
Let me know if you’re okay with your photo appearing in the brochure.
Thanks.
David*
*Names changed to protect the innocent/not-so-innocent.
The first thoughts running through my head were: "Did I have photos taken at Clarian? The only ones I remember being there are from the holiday parties or of the little magnets I made for my friends there to remember me by (I had closeups of my face put into little circular magnets)."
So here is the email conversation (shortened verstion) that took place afterward:
Heidi: Did you accidentally send this to me? I'm confused. If you do have a photo of me, what is it? Does it look like I have cancer?
David*: LMAO! Yep, wrong Heidi. Who knew there was another Heidi in the world!
Heidi: What is LMAO? That is hysterical. I love that you accidentally sent me this email. If you would like to set up a photo shoot, I would like to make some extra cash. Feel free. I have a good face for brochures.
David*: LMAO is “laughing my ass off.” Let me know your schedule so we can coordinate a photo shoot ASAP.
I learned two new things today:
1. I could easily be a cancer brochure model.
2. LMAO is my new favorite web acronym. It kicks LOL's butt, no contest.
ELC Field Day 2015
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment