So I kind of started giving some thought to the upcoming presidential race a while ago, and then kind of started slacking. I don't know too much about the candidates yet, but I keep saying that I need to start reading up on them. I just saw
this article today on cnn.com and I thought it was pretty motivational -- it basically tells you to get off your butt and just spend a little time surfing the web to learn about the different candidates. And really...who doesn't have time to do that? I know I definitely waste time looking on other sites, like Letterman's Top 10, Overheard in Mpls, etc. The author even jokes (or says "shame on you") about how more people tune in to American Idol than the presidential debates. So I just thought I'd share this article to share my inspiration and say hey, I'm going to start reading up on this stuff too! And really, how cool would it be if the percent of voters really did increase for this election (especially for the young vote)? Happy reading...if anyone ever wants to chat about different candidates or share their findings/opinions, I would be happy to talk about it. I just want to try to learn as much as I can this time around and really feel like I'm making a good decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment